Pianos are divine instruments that many of the people wish to become an expert of. This however is not possible in a matter of days. Piano needs passion and regular practice over weeks and months and soon with dedication you will become an impressive piano player. Learning piano is not a really difficult task provided you follow some basics of this musical journey. These easy tips will make your learning more of a fun and entertaining mission. Consistency, patience and dedication are must and if you have these skills in their place, you can make good progress in learning. This guide here is designed to help all the beginners who wish to learn this wonderful instrument. Before beginning to learn piano if you are worried about not having musical talent then you must be relieved as for learning piano you may not necessarily have it.
Best beginning lessons can be taught with a digital piano
First and the most significant part of learning process is that you need to choose a digital piano for practice. One of the mistakes that people usually make is that they begin to learn over traditional pianos. On the other hand learning the digital piano is better as you can easily have your hands over different effects of sound and notes that comes with a digital piano. Even in terms of prices, digital pianos are much cheaper.
Even when you have finalized to get a digital piano, you get options of either getting a new one or buy a used piano. It is recommended that if you have sufficient budget available, get a new one as new models would give you more value for money. They will be more advanced technologically.
It is best to get a beginner digital instrument with touch sensitive keys. Beginners’ pianos are usually easier to play.
Become Instrument Friendly
Once you have an instrument in hand, you need to sit with in and start playing it. It may be a daunting task for some but you need to become used to of the instrument in order to learn it. Figure out some keys by pressing them and you get to notice all the different notes with different keys of piano. Familiarizing yourself with this musical instrument is the key to learning.
Learn Notes and Keys
Once you have familiarized yourself with the piano, next is to learn notes and keys. At the beginning this would be little confusing as piano has so many keys and pitches. But with regular practice and time you will master on the notes’ location. Pianos have 7 sevens including C – D – E – F – G – A – B and most of them have 88 keys. There are white keys that are known for natural sounds and black keys that produce flat sharp sounds known as accidentals.
After notes, master yourself at use of chords. Chords are used to play various different parts of music and are a set of notes played together. These produce harmonic sounds. Usually they consist of 3 notes played together called triads. There are four basic cords including minor, major, diminished and augmented.
Read Musical Notes
When you begin to learn digital piano, it would not be necessary to be able to read music. Beginning lessons are often simple pieces that player can learn by heart but for complex tones, it would be beneficial if you learn to read musical scores. It is just a matter of time and practice and you will get used to it.
- Hire a professional trainer: You may find this option a bit expensive but it is best to get an expert piano teacher in order to learn playing this instrument proficiently. Check track record of the teacher before hiring. Right teacher would prove to be best help for learning lessons between you and piano. Start with basic piano knowledge that would give you a correct foundation for learning.
- Get help from piano books: You can find many instructional books that are easily available for helping in teaching piano. These you can get easily from any musical store, book store or over internet. These books are guides that are well written offering step by step learning to play piano starting with simple notes and sounds.
- Learning Digital Pianos: Today, there are keyboard instruments available that are especially designed for learning lessons. These instruments’ keys light up in a sequence that helps you pick up a simple song really quick. They also include videos and books that aid you in learning.
- Watch videos DVDs: Some people may be really good at picking up visually. Online videos and DVDs can prove a great help as these videos enable you to get to see how a person’s fingers strike keys in order to play notes correctly.
- Learn with repeated replicated play: It may be difficult but you can learn to play a melody by replicating it multiple times by playing keys over and over again until you master over it. This is also called playing by ear.
- You may not be able to learn piano in a few days, it may take a little more time and you must give yourself sufficient amount of time for learning.
- One of the easiest and effective ways of learning piano is to opt for a course online. You will find many great digital piano learning courses online that would give you all the information that you need to know in order to become a proficient piano player step by step.
- Using both hands together for playing piano may be a little difficult in the beginning but with practices you will be able to master at this skill. It is not necessary to play a melody with both hands; you can use your hands to play different notes.
- When starting to learn avoid using sustain pedal a lot. It may be interesting but without sustain pedal you will be able to hear yourself more clearly and will be able to spot your mistakes more effectively.
Playing a digital piano is something that would unwind with practice and patience. Whether you have a traditional piano or a technologically advanced digital piano, you must have a desire to learn and consistency and by following the above mentioned guidelines you can learn to play digital piano more competently and skillfully.