Internet has now brought markets all around the world quite close and it is not much quicker and easier to market your products and services to a global market than it was before. Online or internet marketing proves to be the best platform for marketing your piano music and make people all around the world hear and appreciate it. For piano music to gain recognition and success locally or internationally, it is important for music to be good. If your piano music composition is appealing, it is more likely that people hearing it will recommend it to others and it will get promoted online too. Online marketing is the most convenient and cost-effective option for marketing your piano music and expertise with the use of internet. Internet has billions of users and the market is just huge so why not give your music exposure to this huge market.
Some Online Marketing Principles:
Before you actually begin to market your piano music online, here are some set of principles that you should follow in order to gain popularity.
- Before approaching people who are unknown to you, it is best to market your piano music among your friends, students, neighbors, relatives and other people who are known to you. This is called warm marketing.
- People in your warm market would most likely be the ones who will refer your music to others in their warm market.
- Not only you have to make your warm market happy but you have to keep them overwhelmed with your musical knowledge and skills.
- The first rule of marketing is that your first impression should be captivating in all manners. It is important to exceed expectations in order to gain acceptance in this huge global online marketing place.
Marketing Tips for your Piano Music:
There are several ways and tips with the help of which you will be able to make a prominent presence with your piano music in online market.
Have a Website for your Music:
If you wish to market your music online, it is crucial to have a website that would be marked as a presence of your music online. You would not be able to excel at marketing music online without having a website of your own for music.
What should your website have?
- This website should have details that your target audiences may be looking for.
- Website must be user-friendly and your audiences must be able to buy your music online easily.
- Details should be clear and easy to follow.
- Make sure that your website includes some sample pieces of your piano music so that your client can listen to it without the need of purchasing.
- Sample pieces must be simple to download so that they can enjoy them offline too.
Increase Sales through your Website:
- Have a list of your potential clients. Gather their email addresses in order to keep them updated on when your new pieces are added to your website.
- Give them rewards and gifts/coupons occasionally to retain them and keeping them connected with your website.
- Sell to your existing customers. Do not run after getting new ones. New ones would come through referrals if you are offering something good and distinctive.
Connect with Radio Stations:
An impressive way of capturing more and more audiences and keeping them connected with your music is through radio stations. This is the most influencing way of marketing and you can connect to different radio stations. Usually these radio stations get your piano music to be played without any cost and you may get paid from some radio stations too. People who will visit radio stations are more likely to visit your website. As they will listen to your submitted music, a link would appear that could direct them to your website.
Tip: Just make sure that the piano music pieces you are submitting on these piano radio stations are best of your work in this area.
One common mistake that piano music composers make is that they do not focus on networking. This is again an important aspect. Connect with social media or other forums of online networking with the aid of which you will be able to stay connected with your existing customers and market. Keeping connected with these people would enable them to remember us and we will be able to get more referrals from these existing clients who trust us. That way you will not only stay connected with existing clients but would get exposure to those surrounding them too.
- Have social media networking accounts for different platforms.
- Keep these accounts updated with your new and interesting sample pieces of music.
- Share your knowledge and interesting information related to piano and music.
- Join different piano music marketing forums and post messages and be part of fruitful discussions related to piano and music.
- Have your website connected to these accounts and in cases of forums share your website link in your posts.
- Marketing on these forums would enable you to focus on specific market of piano players or students.
You Tube Presence:
Another most popular method of marketing piano music online is through You Tube that seems to have captured all the audiences out there internationally. This marketing platforms works beautifully well for captivating music videos. You can also create videos with your piano music performance and can upload them on You Tube. In order to amplify the effect, you can your performance shot at a site other than your studio according to the theme of your music. At the end of this video clip, you should present URL of your website. So all those who would like your music can go to your website and purchase it.
There are endless methods for marketing your piano music online but the ones that we have shared here are the most popular and effective ones. With proper efforts and good piano music, you will certainly be able to gain popularity for your music. These online marketing techniques are not only effective for you reach out a larger group of audiences for your piano music but these methods are low-cost too.