Deciding of giving your kid love for an instrument as beautiful as piano; it is truly a great decision! You will find a number of positive development in your child as he/she will learn this skill and would master over playing piano. Now the question is that you may have already bought an expensive good condition piano for your child to begin with (which is truly important), you can now use an alternative learning method such as learning piano with the aid of a computer software.
Why Computer Software?
The answer is pretty simple and you will find a number of reasons why investing in a software method is an appropriate choice for your child and you? Let us have a look at some of the benefits of computer software:
- These programs are not much expensive.
- You can use them well with feasibility of staying at home. Thus saving your time to travel to an instructor or institute.
- They can be used at your own convenience whenever you and your child are relaxed to learn.
- These programs give you immediate response and you can make corrections to mistakes then and there.
- Your kids can work and learn at their own speed. They don’t need to move fast and skip things as they do in order to cope up with a piano class with other kids or may have to follow speed of their instructor.
- You can easily monitor their progress. Most of these software programs for kids include progress sheet for parents to review their child’s real performance.
- They can learn various skills including reading music, knowledge of musical theory, playing by ear and others.
Making Kids Learn Piano with Computer Software:
As you will find a variety of computer software that teaches piano to kids, here are some things that you should consider before making a decision on which one to choose:
- It should be fun to learn: Make sure that the software you have chosen is interesting and fun to learn with. Kids usually have a shorter concentration span and if something isn’t fun for them, they are more likely to avoid or quit. Thus make sure the software has fun element that makes learning piano more of fun for your child than a daunting task for them.
- Simple yet challenging: Kids today do love challenges but that doesn’t mean that you should opt for a software that is challenging to use. Remember you are giving lessons to kids so opt for things that are simpler instead of complicated programs. This is important to give them progressive learning platform through which they can keep on learning.
- Elements of encouragements: Kids love to be appreciated and encouraged especially when they are learning something new. This is important to keep them motivated towards learning. So if the computer software that you are choosing has realistic and attainable goals in the form of checkpoints, achieving them would be motivating for your child to continue to learn.
- Interactive Program: When your child learns piano with an instructor, there will be real-time interaction. This may be missing! However if you explore a software program that gives you or any other family member to become a pretending piano teacher giving lessons without having any knowledge of instrument, it would give them a sense of true learning situation. This would be an added advantage to your child learning piano through software.
- Varied Levels: A computer software teaching piano should have progressive nature and should be suitable for kids at varied skill levels. We mean that the beginning lessons should be easy to go on and later as your child develops at piano playing skill, the program should also become a bit challenging. It should begin from basics and should reach advance level so that your child can also expand and grow his skills.
Interesting Piano Learning Software:
With the increasing popularity of this instrument and as more and more people are looking for digitized methods of learning to play piano, many different interesting software are being developed that takes learning a step head. Some of the most popular software include:
This platform is an impressive teaching and assessment software that let students learn to play piano and they get different scores in the form of virtual trophies. Some benefits of this software include:
- Immediate feedback for improvement.
- Games included for further practice.
- More than 3000 songs and exercises for students of all level.
- MIDI connection with which you can use it over any computer system. Just connect your piano with the computer.
- Includes video tutorials that teaches basics of piano.
This training software is more of a video game that teaches your child playing piano in a fun way. This trainer works well with Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X Some benefits of this software include:
- Falling notes system for learning.
- Includes the option for reading musical sheet notation.
- Practicing with each hand separately.
- Kid can learn to play correct notes at his/her own speed.
- Immediate feedback is given.
- 150 songs for practice and learning.
- Lighted keyboard to support quick learning.
A new learning software that is backed by a legendary musician, Quincy Hones. This software makes your child learn from basics to advanced level of playing piano with the aid of games, challenges, songs and a lot more. Some benefits of this software include:
- Easier way of teaching musical theory with video tutorials.
- Enables them to play famous favorite tracks.
- Games that enable playing song or notes and score kids.
- Kids get motivated for earning badges as they successfully complete a challenge.
- Interactive lessons with famous pianists David Sides.
- Printable music sheets.
Here are only some of the popular software that we have shared for making kids learn to play piano with fun but there are many other platforms too where you can find varied resources, games and tutorials. This alternative way of teaching your kids is one of the most entertaining accessible method that makes them learn within comfort of home and according to their level.